The GECDSB has posted the Agenda for the December 13th board meeting.
The following update comes to you with mixed emotions...
First, let's celebrate! Hugh Beaton has not been recommended for closure!
Hugh Beaton is not scheduled to close or recommended to close - so tell your friends and family that we are here to stay! Encourage them to join our strong community and let them experience the greatness that we have fought so hard to keep!
Second, the GECDSB has decided to proceed with two PARCs (Riverside/Forest Glade and Leamington) to potentially close 3 schools. Please communicate with your friends/family/colleagues/neighbours and tell them that we have resources that can help them rally their communities together to stop these unnecessary school closures.
What we've learned over the last 8 months are:
- The Provincial Ministry of Education funding formula is flawed
- The Provincial Gov't has set up a plan to close schools
- The GECDSB has followed this plan without being creative to avoid school closures
- We are dismantling our local communities with each and every school closure and having our children learn instability and have a lack of security during critical cognitive growing years
- Together, we are strong and together, we've made a difference!
A secondary Facebook groups been established to help join our larger communities together named "#fixourschools Windsor-Essex County" - please encourage your friends/family/colleagues/neighbours to join these conversations to:
1. Be aware of what's happening in our city/county
2. Help our other communities save their schools as we may need the help one day too
3. Bring awareness to our Provincial Government that our schools need investment not closure
If you (or anyone you know) are interested in leading this group, please let us know and we can share administrative rights.
We have accomplished what we set out to do: raise awareness, create a single platform for open communication, saved our community, and #savehughbeaton!
Thank you all! Happy Holidays to you and yours!